Wednesday, June 6, 2007

By way of introduction

I'm a hubcap dealer living in Philadelphia. I spend a lot of time plying the highways of PA and NJ in my Buick station wagon, gathering up the caps that fly off the millions of cars that traverse our roads every day. This blog will cover my stories and photos of weird things I see, find and experience on the roads: accidents, construction, potholes, and many things that I'd never guess I would see -- until I do see them, at which point I will post about them here. That, along with a good helping of general ranting and raving about roads, driving, cars, the hubcap business, and whatever else I see fit to discuss.

It'll probably be a few months before much of interest appears here, because I need to get a better camera, and "capping" season starts in the fall, when the weeds die and the caps lying in the underbrush become visible.

Finally, I would like to dedicate this blog to Joe DeMarco and Ken Sitarik, who many years ago reassured me that there's nothing wrong with living off other people's junk. Without them, I might not be who I am today.

No comments: